ABOUT US

Finkelstein’s Loan Office and Pawn Shop was founded in 1903 by Harry Finkelstein and would later be inherited by Harry’s son, Leo who was born on Asheland Avenue in Asheville in 1905. Finkelstein’s served a crucial need in the community especially during the Great Depression and World War II. For more on Leo Finkelstein and the history of the loan office, refer to Leo Finkelstein Oral History by D.H. Ramsey Library Special Collections, University of North Carolina at Asheville, NC, 28804.

Today, Finkelstein’s continues the tradition of loan services and pawn brokerage in the heart of Downtown Asheville and specializes in antiques and estate jewelry.